Us

Us

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Photos

As I had mentioned in my second post, Justin and I had had pictures taken while in the hospital. Nurse asked us if we wanted pictures and we said sure. The nurse informed us that usually the people at the hospital normally just take a few and give them to you. But there were also a few ladies who were professional photographers who volunteered their time and resources to take pictures for individuals in my position, or whose babies were in the NICU. So while we were holding Emily, a lady came in. I don't know her name, I don't know if she ever told us, or if she did and I just don't remember it.









Anyway, the whole process was really uncomfortable. She took some of her/us while we were holding her, and then she took Emily out of the room and took some more of just her. She was very sensitive to the situation, she kept apologizing profusely anytime she had to touch or move Emily a certain way to get a good shot. At one time she said, "Just interact with her, pretend I'm not here". I thought that was weird, I didn't know how I was supposed to interact with Emily, so I just sat there holding her. Anyway, the whole process was only a few minutes but it seemed like it took a long time. After she left I didn't think much more about the pictures, until a few days later. As more days passed the more focused I became on getting those pictures. I had no idea how long it was going to take, all they told me was that the lady would get them to the hospital when she was done, and the hospital would get them to us.







Only a few days had passed and I was already forgetting what she looked liked. The four hours I had with Emily in the hospital were so short and I was so drugged up and out of it, I didn't get to fully take advantage of that time. I was really anxious to see the pictures and see Emily with a clear state of mind and not all loopy. After 6 long weeks I finally got a call that they had my pictures and I could pick them up at anytime. I went that instant. I even called into work (sorry Dana). I love my pictures. That lady did such a wonderful job, I wish I knew her name and could contact her and let her know how thankful I am and how much I cherish them. I have not posted all of them, but these are some of my favorites... Thanks for reading.














3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you have those pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some of the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen. You are a beautiful mother and have a gorgeous family.

    ReplyDelete